Terms and conditions
Thank you for choosing Beauty Barks Harworth to groom your beloved pet.
Please take a moment to read the terms and conditions that help us run our stress-free salon.
- Please ensure that your pet has been walked and to the toilet before arriving at the salon. If there are any medical conditions preventing this that your groomer needs to be aware of please discuss on arrival
- Cancellations -We operate a 48 hour notice period if you need to cancel your appointment. Failure to turn up without prior notification results in a small charge of £10 per dog to cover staff costs, and advance payment to secure your next appointment.
- Please stick to the appointment time specified upon booking, you will receive a reminder via text. Beauty Barks operates on a one -to-one basis between your pet and your groomer this ensures that your pet is given 100% of his or her groomer’s attention throughout the appointment period. This system can only work if clients bring their dogs and collect their dogs at the specified times. Your appointment slot includes time allocated to a pre-groom consultation, so that there is no need to arrive early to book in. We reserve the right to turn away clients that are over 15 minutes late for their appointment.
- Your groomer will give you a collection time when you leave your dog at the salon. This will normally be around 2 hours later. A pet sitting fee of £5 per half hour will apply for dogs that are over 30 minutes late being collected.
- If you happen to be a few minutes early to collect, your dog may still be on the grooming table being attended to, please remain outside of the salon and out of sight and hearing whilst you wait. Once your dog sees you and naturally starts to get excited, your groomer may have to consider the groom finished, for safety reasons.
- Matted Coats. We have a non de-matting policy, in compliance with Animal Welfare Act (2007) section 5 which states that ‘All animals are to be protected from pain, injury, suffering and disease’. Attempting to brush out heavy matting would lead to a great deal of discomfort for a dog. Instead we will at all times advise clipping to remove the matted and damaged coat. If your pet has become matted, we require your permission to clip before we begin the groom. Where pets are heavily matted, an extra charge of up to £15 to remove the coat will apply, on top of the regular groom price. Pet wellbeing overrides vanity. Matting can cause hematoma and skin trauma resulting in bleeding and bruising, this will disappear naturally in a few days of the clipping
- Flea Policy – your groomer will check for fleas during the pre-groom consultation, and will advise you if your dog needs to be treated. Any dog found to have fleas will go straight into a flea-bath with special shampoo to remove the fleas. The salon will also need to be treated to prevent cross contamination therefore we make a charge of £10 per dog to cover the extra costs involved. You will be advised to treat your pet and your home environment to eradicate the problem.
- Sedated dogs. We do not accept dogs that are under sedation for grooming under any circumstances.
- Pregnant dogs. Whilst every care is taken with every dog, bitches that are pregnant are accepted for grooming at the owner’s risk. We do recommend that the bitch is groomed short prior to fertilisation and then returned for a post groom once she has stopped lactating
- Challenging behaviour. Some dogs may require a longer appointment time or a split appointment, due to excessively nervous or challenging behaviour. We will advise the owner of any alteration in charges before we begin.
- Aggressive dogs. While we have a great deal of experience and success in the grooming of difficult dogs, we reserve the right to halt the grooming process should a dog become aggressive to the point of being a danger to staff or to his or herself. Full or part of the grooming charge may apply. If you feel your pet could be aggressive please advise your groomer prior to the groom.
- Pre-existing and medical conditions. Your groomer may uncover evidence of a health issue while grooming your pet and will always advise you of any further recommended actions i.e. visit to the vet , dietary requirements etc. Groomers cannot diagnose but are fully qualified in signs, symptoms and prevention of all common canine conditions, if any are deemed to be zoonotic the groom with be terminated immediately and salon cleansing fee will apply.
- We groom each dog to the owner’s specifications, as far as the dog will tolerate and the coat condition and type allows. We will always place a dog’s welfare, safety and peace of mind above adherence to a particular style. In case of being unable for any reason to groom to the exact style wished by the owner, we will endeavour to contact the owner and agree upon a suitable alternative style.
- We will groom your pet to your specifications (* see 5), which will be discussed in the pre-groom consultation. If you are sending your pet in with a friend or family member, please send written instructions or give us a quick call to confirm your requirement. This eliminates any confusion which can occur when receiving a client’s wishes ‘second hand’.
- Our groomers work extremely hard, and care for each dog as if they were their own. Any abusive language or behaviour towards our staff or other visitors to the salon will not be tolerated.
- Photographs. We take photos of each dog before during and after the groom, which we keep on file to assist us in future grooms. We may use some photos in advertising our service and/or post to our social media sites. Most clients enjoy seeing their pet featured. In accordance with GDPR please let us know beforehand if you do not wish your pet’s photos to be made public.
- Pet Records. Please provide a thorough account of any health issues, allergies or behavioural challenges appertaining to your dog. These notes are very valuable to us to give us a clear picture of the background before we begin to groom.
- Alterations. If, after the groom is complete, there is anything about the groom that you would like altered, please advise your groomer accordingly before you leave the salon. We are never offended by timely requests to make minor changes, so please ask.